Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I create an account?
If you don’t have an account yet, you can make one like this:
Click on the “Register an Account” button. Enter your contact details and click “Register”.
After doing so, you will receive an email in your inbox. Do not forget to activate your account by clicking on the confirmation link in this email.
- I cannot connect to my Messengers such as Facebook, AIM, Gadu-Gadu, Google Talk, or Yahoo Messenger.
Sorry for this. Due to new regulations of the various Messenger Platforms, Chatbot4U can no longer support the Messenger connections.
- Why do you need my information, such as email?
Your personal information is used for sending you Chatbot4U updates and for verification purposes. If you register with a fictitious address, you cannot activate or use your Chatbot4U account.
- How can I change my data?
You can simply change your date of birth, gender, avatar, password, and email address by clicking on “My Account”
- How can I change my password?
You can simply change your password, date of birth, gender, avatar, and email address by clicking on “My Account”. Your password can be changed as many times as you like.
- How can I change my email address?
You can simply change your email address, date of birth, gender, avatar,and password by clicking on “My Account”.
- Why do I need an account if I want to make a chatbot?
You need an account because without an account it is not possible to make and maintain chatbots on the website.
- I have not received my confirmation email. What should I do?
1) Wait. It can take up to 24 hours for your confirmation email to be delivered.
2) Check your spambox. Make sure Chatbot4U.com is not blocked by your spam filter.
3) Try again. If you still haven’t received the email, it is possible your email is being blocked or you may have accidentally typed the wrong address. Please create another account, using the right email address.
- What is a chatbot?
A chatbot is a virtual character that can have an intelligent and interactive dialogue with others online.
On Chatbot4U you can create your own virtual character. Just add lots of questions and answers and your chatbot will get more and more intelligent over time.
- How can I create my own chatbot?
You can only create a chatbot after registering an account on Chatbot4U. If you have an account, click on “Create a Chatbot”, located in the header. Fill in the requested information, add an avatar and knowledge to your chatbot and you’re done!
- Can you really make an unlimited amount of chatbots?
Yes. You can create an unlimited amount of chatbots.
- What does “knowledge” mean?
The word knowledge is used when referred to the intelligence of your chatbot. You can add words and sentences (questions and answers) to your chatbot in the ‘Knowledge’ section.
- How can I make my chatbot smarter?
The smarter the better! Go to “My Chatbots”, click “Knowledge”. Start adding knowledge in the green textballoons. This is done by typing words and/or parts of sentences to which you want your chatbot to respond. You type the response in the grey textballoons. You can also add a follow-up item.
You want your chatbot to respond to: Hi there, how are you today?
1) Pick the important keywords, in this case: how are you and add them to the green textballoons. Also add variations to this like: how r'u, how are ya, how ya doin etc...
2) For an intelligent chatbot, add multiple answers like: I am doing great! Good thanks for asking, Super thnx! etc...
3) Ask questions and add the answers as keywords: e.g. I am doing great! Do you want me to tell you about my latest invention?
4) Add the triggers: Yes, yea, yeah, jep etc... to a follow up answer and think of a funny reply.
TIP: If you have a business, you can ask if someone wants more information about whatever it is you are offering. In this case we strongly recommend a PRO account. This way you can ask questions and make multiple follow-up answers.
- What is a follow-up?
A follow-up is a response to a question asked in an answer given by your chatbot. e.g. It can be an answer to the response to the question “how are you” One could answer e.g. “Fine”
In the follow-up you use the trigger “fine” (and various others of course) The response can be: “that’s nice to hear that you are doing good. Can I help you with something else? Type: HELP to see what you can ask me.
TIP: It is a good idea to always add a HELP item to your chatbot in which you explain what people can ask or expect from your chatbot.
- What is “something unknown”?
The chatbots on this platform can handle unlimited questions but... you first have to add them. Surely people are going to ask questions which are not (yet) added. With the "something unknown" answers you can guide your users through the conversation.
Simply tell them: Sorry I cannot answer this question yet, but when you say HELP I will tell you what I can do for you. Answers from this category, are automatically given when your chatbot does not know how to respond to the input of a user.
TIP: Add more responses to this category and your chatbot will look smarter.
- Why can’t I remove the category “something unknown”?
You can change the answers in this category, but not the category itself. The intelligence of your chatbot would decrease if this category would not exist because no answer will appear when an unknown question is asked.
TIP 1: Add at least 6 or 7 different responses to the 'something unknown' category. And give tips what to ask and how to use your chatbot.
TIP 2: Also add a HELP trigger, in the answer you tell a little about the chatbot and you explain how to use it.
- How can I delete my chatbot?
If you want to temporarily take your chatbot offline, you can just turn it off in the “My Chatbot” section. If you really want to delete your chatbot, just click the “Remove chatbot” button. WARNING! Once a chatbot is deleted, it can not be recovered.
- How can I create a 'HELP' item?
It is good to add a HELP item to your chatbot. Just follow the steps:
1) Add a new item by klicking 'add knowledge'
2) Add the word HELP but also: how do you work, what can you do, what do you do, your skills, etc...
3) Describe in the answer what your chatbots skills are, give tips as to how a question can be asked and maybe add some basic trigger words to it.
EXAMPLE: Chatbot with knowledge about the weather
Chatbot: I am Meteor, the meteorogist chatbot. I can help you with questions about the weather. Of course I am still learning so please be patient with me. For quick answers you can use the following words: RAIN, HAIL, RAINBOW, SUNSHINE, HURRICANE
TIP: Our PRO chatbots save all unknown questions. This gives you a good insight of how to enhance your chatbots knowledge.
- Do you analyze the conversations made by the chatbots?
Your conversatoins are private. We register every conversation in order for you to view them in the chat history. This way you can improve your chatbot based on the chat.
- My chatbot does not appear in the gallery, what is wrong?
If your chatbot does not appear in the gallery, take the following steps:
1) Check if you have set your chatbot to “on”. You can do this in the “My Chatbots” menu.
2) Wait. There might be a little publication delay. Just be patient, it will appear in a few minutes
3) The administrators removed your chatbot because it violated with the Terms and Conditions
- What are the stars next to my chatbot?
Other users can click the stars to rate your chatbot. If your chatbot has a 5 star rating, it means that users think that your chatbot is a really good one!
- Why is there an embed button?
If you click on this button, you can view and copy the embed code for the chatbot. You can use this code to add the chatbot to your website.
Don't forget to customize the colours to make the chatbot even more personal!
- How can I add my chatbot to my website?
On your chatbots profile page, there is a button called EMBED. If you click this button, a new window will open with an iframe code.
After you have adjusted the colours to how you like it, you can use this code to add the chatbot to your website.
- Why can’t I add every chatbot to my website?
Some users might have disabled the possibility to add a chatbot to a website. This means that you will not be able to click or even see the EMBED button.
- What does the button “Flag” do?
If you think one of the chatbots is offending or does not comply with the Terms of Conditions, you “Flag” the chatbot. This way you report the chatbot to the Chatbot4U team, they will investigate if the chatbot does or does not comply to the Terms of Conditions and if needed remove it from the site.