Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I create an account?
If you don’t have an account yet, you can make one in two different ways:
1) By clicking on the “Register an Account” button. Enter your contact details and click on “Register”. After clicking “Register”, you will receive an email in your inbox. Do not forget to activate your account by clicking on the confirmation link in this email.
2) Login using your Facebook account: Click on “Facebook Connect”. A Facebook connection screen will open, click on the button: “Allow”. Once the connection is set up, you a screen is opened where you can either use your Facebook username, or create a new one. Accept the Terms of Service, click on “Connect with Facebook”.
- What happens when I log in with my Facebook account?
If you log in using your Facebook account, this account will be used as user-account. All the chatbots you create, will be linked to this FB account. Going through the chatbot4u registration process is not needed when you login using your Facebook account.
- Why do you need my information, such as email?
Your personal information is used for sending you Chatbot4u updates and for verification purposes, for it is not allowed to use fictitious data to create an account.
- How can I change my data?
You can simply change your date of birth, gender, avatar, password, and email address by clicking on “My Account”
- How can I change my password?
You can simply change your password, date of birth, gender, avatar, and email address by clicking on “My Account”. Your password can be changed as many times as you like.
- How can I change my email address?
You can simply change your email address, date of birth, gender, avatar,and password by clicking on “My Account”.
- Why do I need an account if I want to make a chatbot?
Without an account, You need an account because without an account it is not possible to make and maintain chatbots on the website.
- I have not received my confirmation email. What should I do?
1) Wait. It can take up to 24 hours for your confirmation email to be delivered.
2) Check your spambox. Make sure Chatbot4U.com is not blocked by your spam filter.
3) Try again. If you still haven’t received the email, it is possible your email is being blocked or you may have accidentally typed the wrong address. Please create another account, using the right email address.
- What is a chatbot?
A chatbot is a ‘program’ that automatically responds to messages from a user. For example, you start a chat with a chatbot, saying “Hi”. You will directly receive an automated reply.
- How can I create my own chatbot?
You can only create a chatbot after registering an account on Chatbot4U. If you have an account, click on “Create a Chatbot”, located in the header. Fill in the requested information, add an avatar and knowledge to your chatbot and you’re done!
- Can you really make an unlimited amount of chatbots?
Yes. You can create an unlimited amount of chatbots.
- What does “knowledge” mean?
The word knowledge is used when referred to the intelligence of your chatbot. You can add words and sentences to your chatbot in the ‘Knowledge’ section.
- How can I make my chatbot smarter?
If you want to make your chatbot smarter, go to “My Chatbots” and click on “Knowledge”. You can now add knowledge in the yellow textballoons by adding words and/or parts of sentences to which you want your chatbot to respond. You type the response in the grey textballoons. You can also add a follow-up item.
- What is that, a follow-up?
A follow-up is a response to an answer given by your chatbot. e.g. The question “how are you” to which you added the answer: “Fine” In the follow-up you use the trigger “fine” and the response: “that’s nice” When someone responds to the initial question with “fine” The chatbot will respond with: “that’s nice”
- What is that, the “something unknown”?
The answers in the "something unknown" category, are automatically given when a chatbot does not know how to respond to the input of a user. Add more responses to this category and your chatbot will look smarter.
- Why can’t I remove the category “something unknown”?
You can remove the answers in this category, but not the category itself. The intelligence of the chatbot would decrease if this category would not exist because no answer will appear when a new question or remark is given by a user.
- How can I delete my chatbot?
If you want to temporarily take your chatbot offline, you can just turn it off in the “My Chatbot” section. If you really want to delete your chatbot, just click the “Remove chatbot” button. WARNING! Once a chatbot is deleted, it can not be recovered.
- For which media can I create a chatbot?
Currently, you can create a chatbot for Facebook, Gadu-Gadu, MSN (Windows Live Messenger), Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk and AIM.
- What does “Messengers” mean?
"Messengers" are the different kinds of online media to which you can add your chatbot. These messengers are: Facebook, Gadu-Gadu, MSN (Windows Live Messenger), Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk and AIM.
- How can I connect a chatbot to a messenger service, such as AIM, Gadu-Gadu, Google Talk, Windows Live or Yahoo Messenger?
There are two ways you can do this:
1) Register a new user account at the specific service. Then add the credentials in the “Messengers” tab.
2) You add your own credentials to your chatbot
You will need to add the credentials of the specific account in the “Messenger” section, without these it will not work. By connecting a chatbot to your own Messenger Address, it will serve as an automatic answering machine when you’re away or offline.
- How can I create a chatbot for Facebook?
If you want to make chatbot for Facebook, you must do the following:
- Create a new Facebook account
- Add the new profile to your friend list on Facebook
- Ensure that the Facebook Chat status is set to “Online”
- Enter the log-in information in the “Messenger” section on Chatbot4U
- Wait a few minutes. It might take a little while before the chatbot appears in your chat list.
- Do you analyze the conversations made by the chatbots?
We register every conversation in order for you to view them in the chat history. This way you can improve your chatbot based on the chat.
- My chatbot does not appear in the gallery, what is wrong?
If your chatbot does not appear in the gallery, take the following steps:
1) Check whether you have set your chatbot to “on”. You can do this in the “My Chatbots” menu.
2) Wait. There might be a little publication delay. Just be patient, it will appear in a few minutes
3) The administrators removed your chatbot because it violated with the Terms and Conditions
- What do the stars next to my chatbot mean?
Other users can click the stars to rate your chatbot. If your chatbot has a 5 star rating, it means that users believe that it is functioning very well.
- For which purpose do I use the embed button?
If you click on this button, you can view and copy the embed code for the chatbot. You can use this code to add the chatbot to your website.
- How can I add my chatbot to my website?
On your chatbots profile page, there is a button called
- Why can’t I add every chatbot to my website?
Some users might have disabled the possibility to add a chatbot to a website. Meaning you will not be able to click or even see the
- What does the button “Flag” do?
If you think one of the chatbots is offending or does not comply with the Terms of Conditions, you “Flag” the chatbot. This way you report the chatbot to the Chatbot4U team, they will investigate if the chatbot does or does not comply to the Terms of Conditions and if needed remove it from the site.